Sunday, April 25, 2010

Your agent has ended your mission for not attaining more women

CrazyKinux is up to another blog banter! LETS DO THIS! http://www.crazykinux.com/2010/04/eve-blog-banter-special-edition-ladies.html

We all love Eve Online, "we" pertaining to the huge male population of players in Eve. Of course we could really do with a few more women in the game, in fact alot more would be great! I just happened to find myself at home with a friend working on some boring project when the topic changed from the project to games. Now my friend is kinda of a gamer geek like me so she and I had a basis for conversation, we talked about oblivion and the good ol' days of runescape. Then I shifted the topic to Eve Online, her reply was "oh, so its not one of those dumb games?". at this point i blacked out from a seizure and woke up in the hospital seven days later. I'm just kidding. She had a problem with the advertisement as there are so many other sidebar advertisements of "racy" games such as that pathetic time drainer called "Evony" that she never really wanted to check out Eve Online. So I did what any good Eve Online player would do. No, we did not make love in my Megathron Battleship. In fact I let her play the game for a bit and explained most of its details, alright I explained some of the more basic things because Eve Online is so expansive its hard to explain all of it. She liked the game and how "its just one giant sandbox" in fact thats what she loved most about it. She liked the graphics obviously but when I showed her how to make a new character and the process involved. Her head exploded. Eventually she came to the conclusion that Eve Online was boring, she didnt want to do constant missioning for precious isk and the mining part was dreadful. She also poitned out that with the pvp there was too much risk and when I asked her what she meant her reply was this. "during pvp you lose everything if you get shot down and you have the possibility of losing SP if you get podded. thats too much risk, and girls dont like that. Girls want a game that they can play, lose the match battle or whatever and not lose so much." This is where the conversation trailed off and ended wtih return to work on the project of searching for a good local college to visit and maybe apply to in the future. The topic of customizing ships was also mentioned but it seems like such a thing would be very hard to accomplish, and a change in the high risk pvp arena in which we play would well in my opinion make us have a higher percentage of girl players after all the pvper's quit because Eve turned into a "Everyone is a winner" game. So I think the problem lies within maybe a new advertisement that isnt "stupid" i think hteir fine to be honest and or a new character creation process which i myself think is quit confusing especially with everything after it; constant missioning for skills and whatnot. I prefer the old system better but hey, thats just me and maybe thats a possible area for improvement. But until such things are changed, I think we should continue to fly as we always have and just keep converting other gamers men and women but mostly men to Eve Online. Thats just my take on it.

Fly Safe,
Highspeedlimo

Heres a list of other respected Eve-tologists (yes thats a word question it and ill pod you):

getting in touch with our feminine side

The Ladies of New Eden

1 comment: